World Book Day 2018

Last month I was lucky enough to celebrate World Book Day with the wonderful Fosseway school. We chatted about what it means to be an Illustrator and discussed how picture books are made. Here's a little peek at my presentation showing the different stages of development when illustrating picture book spread 👀
(this particular spread is from 'Elephant's Pyjamas' by Michelle Robinson)

Then things became a little bit more interactive... We whipped out the flip chart and got scribbling. I showed everyone how to draw the cheeky Monkey character from Monkey's Sandwich. Just check out these amazing Monkeys (I have some stiff competition!)


In the afternoon I ran a couple of book building workshops, which involved constructing crazy stories together as a class by playing a fun 'consequences' style game. Everyone then illustrated a page of the story, which we assembled together in a picture book (now that's what I call teamwork)

This story is called 'Snow Escape' and stars an Evil Snowman... Good work SK3!


I'm also pleased to say a few of my books even found a nice new home in the school library. Hooray!


Thanks for having me Fosseway, I look forward to visiting again soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Dove Street Studio

Book of Hopes